The High Tension Range Of Premier Marching Drums.
The bloodlines of the HTS 800 and HTS 400 pipe band snare drums can be traced back across the decades with an impeccable championship winning pedigree and a spirit that harkens back hundreds of years. To create the latest incarnation of the HTS pipe band drum Premier has taken the proven DNA of its predecessors and engineered further improvement in operation, performance and design and once again achieved new standards in sound and build quality. No other pipe band drum delivers the dynamic clarity, precise articulation, clear projection and full tone of the HTS 800 and HTS 400 that in your hands are proud additions to the family and will carry the Premier name and the names of future champions to victory for years to come.
Hand in hand with the engineering improvements to the HTS 800 comes the exciting option to offer the drum with Premier’s distinctive Diamond Chrome fittings. Diamond Chrome features an unrivalled brilliant finish combined with extreme durability and since the ’60s has set the benchmark for chrome plating musical instruments. The HTS 800 in Diamond Chrome firmly asserts itself as Premier’s flagship instrument and the pinnacle of pipe band snare drum design and performance.
- Die-cast, polished aluminium hoops with ‘Blasted Chrome’ down tubes
- Diamond Chrome option
- 6mm 6-ply solid birch shell
- Internally lacquered free floating shell for increased response and warm tone
- Precision bearing edges for enhanced projection and clarity
- Tension bolts feature unique anti-friction coating to prevent binding
- Elegant snare mechanisms giving smooth and positive feel
- Fit of batter and suspension hoops gives optimal range without compromising projection and volume
- Fitted with your choice of drumhead, speak to your local distributor or dealer
The Professional Series Bass and Tenor Drums
Premier’s Professional Series pipe band tenor and bass drums have become the first choice for many leading corps such as Field Marshal Montgomery, Fife Constabulary, Peel Regional Police and St Laurence O’Toole.
The truly free-floating shell allows unrestricted resonance and beautiful tone, while the turnbuckle tension system provides quick and easy pitch-perfect tuning. The unique sound and breadth of voicing provides the limitless musical arrangement that has revolutionised the sound of the modern pipe band.
- Tenors – 5.5mm, 7-ply birch shell
Bass – 4mm, 2-ply birch shell with 5mm support hoops
- Weather resistant design is ideal for outdoor performance
- Turnbuckle tensioning system for quick and easy, pitch-perfect tuning
- Drumheads by Premier
- Silver powder-coated turnbuckles
- Free-floating shells allow unrestricted resonance
- Wooden counter hoops promote the free, open sound
The premier HTS and Professional series drums come in four catagories of colour options.
Standard Lacquer – These are rich plain colours, available in Ebony Black, Flame Red, Emerald Green, Sapphire Blue and Ivory White.
Special Lacquer – These are fade (Black, fading down to your choice of colour) or burst (black at each edge, fading to your colour choice at the centre) Colours include Autumn Cherry, Emerald, Flame Red, Purple and Sapphire and Ebony Oil.
Sparkle Lacquer – these are available with your choice of colour, in plain finish, fade, or burst. Colours include, Amethyst, Black, Emerald, Ruby Red, Sapphire, Silver and Topaz.
Sparkle Blaze Lacquer – The Blaze Collection features a contrasting sparkle band on the HTS snare drum designed to complement the equivalent finish on the mid-section drums. In addition, the tenor and bass hoops are lacquered all over – offering greater protection from adverse weather conditions.
Available finishes are:
– Sapphire with Silver Blaze
– Ruby with Black Blaze
– Amethyst with Silver Blaze
– Emerald with Silver Blaze
– Topaz with Black Blaze